Ryan primarily works on contract drafting and negotiation, advanced statistics, operating and governing policies, SafeSport matters, athlete disputes and athlete selection procedures. Ryan also works closely with agents representing athletes in Ice Hockey, Soccer, and Basketball.
In the past, Ryan worked in the SafeSport and Legal departments at the United States Olympic Committee. Additionally, Ryan has worked on international, right of publicity, copyright and trademark issues as an attorney at GolfTEC, LLC.
Ryan graduated with honors from St. John’s University School of Law and Instituto Superior de Dercho y Economia (ISDE) in New York, where he earned his LL.M. in International and Comparative Sports Law. He also earned top honors at St. John’s/ISDE for his work in arbitration and mediation. Additionally Ryan has received his J.D. from Loyola University New Orleans, where he earned a certificate in International law. Further Ryan received his undergraduate degree from the University of Denver.
- THE EFFECT OF THE NHL’S CBA ON EUROPEAN PLAYERS AND INTERNATIONAL ICE-HOCKEY
- THE GAMES MUST GO ON: 2014 SOCHI WINTER OLYMPIC GAMES AND THE NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER DISPUTES IN ICE HOCKEY – PART 1: THREE KEY CASES
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER DISPUTES IN ICE HOCKEY – PART 2: THE DISPUTE RESOLUTION MECHANISM
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER DISPUTES IN ICE HOCKEY – PART 3: A THREE-PART SOLUTION
- WHY ENHANCED STATISTICS ARE A GAME CHANGER FOR NHL CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS
- THE EFFECTS OF FIGHTING IN ICE HOCKEY: AN OVERVIEW OF THE ONGOING NHL CONCUSSION LITIGATION
- SIGNING NEW TALENT: HOW THE ENTRY DRAFT SYSTEM WORKS IN THE NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE
- HOW FREE AGENCY WORKS IN THE NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE
- HOW SALARY ARBITRATION WORKS IN THE NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE
- NHL EXPANSION: THE FORMATION O THE VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS
- St. John’s University and Instituto Superior de Derecho y Economía (ISDE), Master of Laws (LL.M.), International and Comparative Sports Law
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, Juris Doctor
- University of Denver, BSBA Real Estate and Construction Management
- Univeristy of Notre Dame, Certificate in Executive Management
- Campbell Killin Brittan and Ray, LLC
- United States Olympic Committee
- GolfTEC Enterprise, LLC